Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summicron or Summilux
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 15:32:12 -0700

At 12:30 PM 7/4/98 -0700, mark wrote:

> if i had only one lens and one camera it would be the
>m6 & noctilux combo.
>
>mark

What I find interesting is the differing of opinions and needs. I
personally believe that the 35/1.4 Summilux ASPH is the finest M lens Leica
has ever made. It is indeed a "flagship" lens. Stellar performance starting
immediately at f/1.4 . If I had to choose a single lens for my M6, this
would be it. I understand other people's view on photography and the type
of photography they like to do. Leica couldn't give away the 350/4.8 Telyt.
I wouldn't part with mine for anything. To me, the Noctilux is a very
special purpose lens. I will probably never own one. Interesting reading
these LUG messages.

Jim