Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Int'l price differences
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 22:05:57 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> [mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Michael
> Garmisa
> Sent: Friday, July 03, 1998 7:46 PM
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Int'l price differences

Register those sorts of items with U.S. Customs before you leave the U.S. If
you're leaving from an airport with a Customs office, give yourself some
extra time to go there first and fill out the form. All you do is list the
items and their serial numbers; the Customs officer confirms that they match
up with what's in your bag, then countersigns the form and date-stamps it.
You take the form with you, and don't lose it, because Customs doesn't keep
a copy. Much easier than lugging around a sheaf of aging sales receipts.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.