Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Int'l price differences
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 20:30:35 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-03 20:06:24 EDT, Jim Brick wrote:

<< Buy your
 expensive equipment, that might need adjustment or repair ...
 from your local dealer AT HOME. Then [when something breaks]
 you will have it taken care of at no added cost and
 little (perhaps no) inconvenience...>>

<<That Leica Dealer -
 customer link will be an important asset over the years. I personally have
 had it proven to me many many times. >>

Yes indeed! A good working relationship with a local Leica dealer has help
me a number of times over the years. When a new R8's counter kept loosing
count, they were able to get me an exchange from Leica quickly and with no
grief or hassles. My shooting was not disrpted at all (and the new camera
has performed fine since then). Generally, I have found my local dealer to
also
be competitve regarding price as well. At least with new Leica purchases, a
good dealer relationship is big help.

Excellent advice!

Will von Dauster