Subject: [Leica] travel to Greece in September....advice?
From: Francesco Sanfilippo <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 18:10:14 -0700

My S.O. and I have decided to go to Greece instead of Japan
this September, since we just went to Asia in January!  Our
dates are as follows:  depart September 12, return September 27.
After a day for travel each way, that leaves us with 12 FULL and
2 HALF days to explore as much as we can squeeze in.  Luckily,
my S.O. enjoys photography (I gave her my F5 when I got my M6),
so we have the same thing on our minds.......the ultimate
photographic tour of Greece!

I know some of you LUGgers have gone to Greece in the past year
or so (Tina!) and I would like to communicate with some of you
about how your trips went and how to best approach photography
in Greece.

For sure I am taking my 2 M6 bodies, a 35/2 ASPH, a 50/2, and a 90/2.8.
IF the 90/2 APO-ASPH comes out before I leave, I will most likely
buy and take it instead of the 90/2.8.  I also own a Noctilux and am
entertaining the idea of taking it as well.  Another possibility is my
R4 and 100/2.8 APO and/or 180/2.8, but now we're getting too heavy
because my S.O. is bringing her F5, 28/2.8 and 85/1.8.

What are the attitudes toward tourists and photographers in Greece?
Is this a place you can take photos of people on the street without getting
into trouble?  Are there fees for shooting at archaeological sites, etc?

Anything you can help with or any advice you can offer would be much
appreciated!  Thnaks in advance!

Francesco