Subject: [Leica] Leica - What do pros use ?
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 11:27:16 -0400

- ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01BDA5AC.5E084480

Adrian,

I enjoyed your posts regarding what the pros use.  It is not surprising =
that they have switched exclusively to Canon and  Nikon.  Let's be =
honest -the Canon USM "L" lenses are among the best in the world.   =
Leica as you said is really in danger of becoming a Bugatti - =
beautifully made, exquisite to look at but an anachronism for the =
working pro.  Many amateurs aspire to have what the pros use and it is =
natural that Canon and Nikon will maintain their huge share of the =
serious 35mm market.   Lastly, just how many people are willing to part =
with the HUGE sums of money it requires to put together an M6 or R8 =
outfit (or both).  This is the issue that is the biggest challenge to =
Leica in my opinion.  I'm a physician and I will tell you that of the =
200 plus physicians that I know, I'm the only one who has Leica =
equipment.  What I don't have is a second home that many of my =
colleagues do have and I wonder at times that if I had put the $$$ that =
I have in Leica gear into mutual funds along the way I might have a nice =
house at the shore by now!!!.

Regards,
Paul T. Collura

- ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01BDA5AC.5E084480

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Adrian,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I enjoyed your posts regarding what =
the pros=20
use.&nbsp; It is not surprising that they have switched exclusively to =
Canon=20
and&nbsp; Nikon.&nbsp; Let's be honest -the Canon USM &quot;L&quot; =
lenses are=20
among the best in the world.&nbsp;&nbsp; Leica as you said is really in =
danger=20
of becoming a Bugatti - beautifully made, exquisite to look at but an=20
anachronism for the working pro.&nbsp; Many amateurs aspire to have what =
the=20
pros use and it is natural that Canon and Nikon will maintain their huge =
share=20
of the serious 35mm market.&nbsp;&nbsp; Lastly, just how many people are =
willing=20
to part with the HUGE sums of money it requires to put together an M6 or =
R8=20
outfit (or both).&nbsp; This is the issue that is the biggest challenge =
to Leica=20
in my opinion.&nbsp; I'm a physician and I will tell you that of the 200 =
plus=20
physicians that I know, I'm the only one who has Leica equipment.&nbsp; =
What I=20
don't have is a second home that many of my colleagues do have and I =
wonder at=20
times that if I had put the $$$ that I have in Leica gear into mutual =
funds=20
along the way I might have a nice house at the shore by =
now!!!.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Paul T. =
Collura</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01BDA5AC.5E084480--