Subject: [Leica] Digital cameras
From: Yods1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 18:15:49 EDT

Francesco,

Actually, newspapers and especially magazines do care about the quality of the
images they publish, and my newspaper (the Orange County Register) has in the
past complained about the quality of AP's digital stuff, though we haven't
recently, perhaps because of the inevitability of our own switch to digital (a
day I dread).
Furthermore, I can't remember the last time I saw an image froma digital
camera in a magazine of any worth. If the image only exists digitally or
there's no other way to get it before deadline, sure, they might run it--but
thanks to Fedex they have a lot more options than newspapers. And as far as I
know the editorial picture agencies that service the magazines are still
almost completely film.
But there has indeed been a major slide in appreciation for quality in the
vast majority of newspapers, including my own, IMHO.