Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-what do pros use?
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:45:46 -0600

>If Leica does embark on an improved ad. campaign they need to hire the
>right agency. They need a US agency for their ads. in this country. The
>text in their promotional brochures is written in a strange German English
>with funny quotation marks.

They could also do much better in proofreading their English brochures.  A
few years ago one English brochure of theirs I saw had at least one mistake
of some sort on every page.  They even had the shutter speed sequence wrong
in their tech specs.  Rushing to do an English translation is not the way
to attract an important segment of their market.

- -GH