Subject: Re: [Leica] Technique
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:17:11 EDT

<< If I plan to use 90 and even the 135 lenses often, aren't
 I better off using the .85, even if it's a little awkward?

 How come nobody writes about the 135 lens? Is is worth considering? >>

The answer may depend on how much work you intend to do with wide angle
lenses.  I wear glasses and find that the HM works fine with a 35 mm lens.
The 35 mm frame lines are very near the edge of the viewfinder.  On my Classic
M6, the 35 frame lines are just where I would want them - with some room on
the outside of the frame lines to see the context of the scene.  However, for
me, the benefit of the larger magnification of the HM for the 90 and 135
outweigh the slight inconvenience of the 35 frame lines.  I suppose that there
is a tradeoff and that the decision may depend on how much you will use the
90/135 compared to the 35.

Tom Shea