Subject: [Leica] M6 Electronics
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:51:53 -0700

The M6 was designed as a totally Analog circuit, with digital over and
under indicators (LEDs).
As I understood it in the 80's, when I first heard about it, it contained a
couple of Op Amps, a comparator and a voltage regulator.  Note that there
is no reason to put a uP inside a Leica M6.  The 28 pin IC is very likely
an all analog custom IC or a multi chip hybrid.  BTW, the story I heard was
from the manufacturer of the IC's.

Having a description of the "things" on the circuit board from a
non-electronics type, is very difficult indeed to figure out what the
circuit is.....It is better to at least see the the board and the parts on
it myself.  I can then investigate the manufacturers, the types of parts,
and give a judgement call on the circuit itself.

If you wish to take a picture and forward it to me, I will gladly review it
with repsect to what I know of the circuit, and also to provide some
non-technical info as to its workings.

Can you send me a picture?

PS: I described the CL electronics several months ago.  Its circuit is
considerably simpler.

Thank You
Remove "ZZ" form auto reply address or
please reply to address below: