Subject: Re: [Leica] which Billingham bag, please?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:28:27 -0500

At 03:36 PM 6/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Everyone seems to love this F2 bag......I've got to see one!

I bought my second to last one at Tamarkin for a very good price. Just
recently bought a used one (hardly used) here in town. I've worn out about
five of them in 10 years. But I'm really, really hard on bags.

Actually two of them have been used. I traded an F2 for an F1 (bigger) with
a National Geographic photo editor, and kept it 'til it was so worn out
lenses were threatening to fall out the bottom. :-)

Thought some good might rub off on me. Almost had one photo published in
National Geographic while using it, so close! Now if I can just get David
Allen Harvey to swap M6s with me...nah, his is more worn than mine.

I also use a Domke vest for those days when I want to use a vest instead of
a bag. They also have a heavier coat that has generous pockets. And lots of
accessories, like a fannie pack that might hold what you want. Also long
lens bags.

Jim Domke was a photojournalist at the Philadelphia Inquirer until he took
to making bags full-time. It is THE bag (F2) carried by photojournalists
world-wide.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is
that it has never tried to contact us.

Calvin and Hobbes