Subject: [Leica] which Billingham bag, please?
From: Francesco Sanfilippo <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:01:28 -0700

I am looking for the perfect bag to carry 2 M6 bodies
and 4 lenses.  The lenses would be the 35/2 ASPH,
50/2, 75/1.4, and 90/2.  I also need a bit of room for
maybe 6-8 rolls of film, a small Minolta light meter,
a Lenspen, 2 ink pens, a small notepad, a few microfiber
cloths, and a few other loose items.  I like my bags to
be compartmentalized so that no metal rubs against metal.
Everything needs to be very well padded, as this bag would go
with me everywhere from the office to the beach to the
rainforest.  The bag would have a comfortable shoulder strap
and would be resistant to the elements.  It would not be bulky
or boxy.  No camera backpacks, but waist packs are acceptable.

I currently have a Lowepro MiniTrekker, which was great during the
Nikon F5 days, a Lowepro Sideline Shooter, which is great for ONE
M6 and 3 lenses, and a Lowepro Compact AW, which is great for
2 bodies and 4 lenses, but is a bit too big to carry EVERYWHERE.
It is perfect for outdoor shoots and short-term carrying, but not for
all day trips.  I love Lowepro (extremely sturdy and not overly
luxurious), but I would be willing to venture into Billingham, Domke,
or Tamrac.  I have checked out many Billingham bags at my local
shop but they seem to be too floppy, not well padded, and the divider
system sucks.  Anyone have recommendations?

Francesco