Subject: RE: [Leica] lost LUGS
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:16:43 -0700

> From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> [mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Alex
> Brattell
>
> There are a couple of LUG digests I've missed recently - I've
> tried to mail
> the server with various permutations of the 'get' command, e.g.     get
> leica-users-digest #149       but obviously I can't get the syntax right.

Hello, Alex,

You can fetch a list of the digests available by sending to
<majordomo@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> a message containing the single line

index leica-users

in the body.  What you get in return is a Unix directory listing (sorry!)
with lines that look like:

 -rw-rw-rw-  1 daemon  majordom   59820 Mar 18 21:31 v02.n244

That allows you to identify the file you want (by looking at the date) and
to tell Majordomo to send it to you (by giving it the filename).  When you
make your request, Majordomo needs to know
which mailing list to fetch the file from.  So here is the form in which you
do it, for the digest mentioned above:

get leica-users v02.n244

The first part is the command "get"; the second part tells Majordomo the
name of the list: "leica-users", and the third part (v02.n244) is the
filename in the line above -- it's the very last part of the line you get
back from the "index" command.

So if you send a message to Majodomo@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us containing only
the line above (get leica-users v02.n244), you should receive the digest for
that day.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

- -Patrick