Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 07:30:17 -0700

LEICAMAN56@aol.com wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Please tell me how you can control and interpret depth of field with lenses
> that no longer have depth of field scales, as most of the lenses coming out of
> Japan no longer have.

you use your accumulated experience as a photographer.

> Then there is the problem of the depth of field preview
> lever.  Most cameras, except for the high end, eliminate this feature as well.

this "feature" has to be one of the most useless i have ever experienced
on any slr camera of any make i have ever used or owned (zenit (b), pentax (k1000),
olympus (om2), canon (eos1), and nikon (f3, f5)).

seriously, i've never been able to actually see what's going on with the
depth of field preview. perhaps that's why my brain learned to map fstops
on the various lenses i've owned to depth of fields.

> The M camera will always have a following for these types of photographers.

there's a depth of field preview lever on my m6 ?? DAMN....i should have
read the manual....

> Now, everybody do their part and go out and buy some Leica equipment! :)

indeed !!! :-)

mark