Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: 20mm Russar
From: Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:37:19 -0400 (EDT)

On my LTM wide angle (canon 19mm w/M adapter) I constructed a deep rear=20
lens cap by the following procedure. I took a regular plastic M rear cap,=
=20
made a hole in it large enough to accept the protruding rear element.=20
Then I found a black plastic bottle cap just large enough to cover the=20
element. I epoxied the plastic bottle cap to the rear lens cap. It works=20
great and even looks like it was manufactured.

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk wrote:

> >From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
>=20
> >>1) Convenience: the Russar requires an LTM adaptor and this can't be  =
=20
> left
> >>on when the rear lens cap is on. In practice the mounting and  =20
> unmounting
> >>and stowing are a bit cumbersome if you use the lens frequently.
> >
> >It isn't necessary to do that; I leave mine with the adaptor on and use =
 =20
> >deep M rear cap. Effectively this makes it an M mount lens.
> >
> >Joe Berenbaum
>=20
> Here in England the cost of that deep rear cap would be getting on for  =
=20
> (or higher than) the cost of my Russar (=9C50UKP). An alternative solutio=
n  =20
> is the M extension 'tube' (which is seen cheaply sometimes) fitted  =20
> between a normal M backcap and the lens mount.

Michael Volow (mvolo@acpub.duke.edu)
Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC
919 286 0411 Ext 6933