Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: wideangle R zoom
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 98 17:16:26 +0800

Pascal,

I cannot reveal my sources other than to say they work for Leica and that
they or I at least should probably have kept quiet about it! Whilst I
fully believe the accuracy of the information there are a hundred or more
reasons why it may not come to pass on schedule (cf the 90 APO-ASPH) -
and given the R8 motor saga I would not be surprised to hear of items
dropping out of the line before new ones make it to the market.
Disappointed yes but not surprised.

As you may have noticed I have of late been bemoaning certain
inadequacies of the R line and the underlying reason for this is that I
would dearly like to be able to use R lenses in my work. The are a few
shortcomings in the line, and a great many in the service department,
which prevent me from making the leap but I sincerely hope and believe
these are problems that can be dealt with by Leica AG should they decide
it is important to target the pro market with renewed vigour, as they
have been stating recently publicly and privately. Let's see!

Regards

Adrian (who would love to be in Bruxelles right now for a moules frites
and Chimay, Saison de Silly or other fine brew!)

Adrian Bradshaw
Photojournalist
Shanghai, China