Subject: Re: [Leica] novoflex 200
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:14:34 +0200

>From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
>Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 20:35:51 +-200
>Subject: [Leica] Novoflex 3.8/200
>
>Hi,
>
>recently I saw a used Novoflex "Schnellschuss"-lens 3.8/200 with
>matching 1.5x converter offered for about US$250. Does anyone
>on the LUG use this lens? Can it be adapted to the Visoflex III?
>I understand this lens is not compatible with the other Novoflex
>400/560/600 mm lenses and PIGRIFF mounts.
>I think I will hardly ever need a lens longer than 300mm, so I am=20
>considering getting it.
>
>Gerd

RE :
In 1980, I hesitated between a used Elmar R 180 and the new Novoflex
3.8/180.I tested both before buying at last the Elmar. Why ? 1=B0)The opt=
ical
quality (as i could subjectively appreciate by comparison) of the novo ( =
simple triplet of 3 elements...) was largely below the Elmar.2=B0) no
automatic diaph 3=B0) the "schnellschluss" device was cumbersome with a 2=
00.
Yes, it is possible to adapt the novo on a viso with an adapter made by
novoflex for the universal bellows. Novoflex no longer sells  that item i=
France. It is still available in Germany on special request.
Dominique Pellissier