Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica and 15 year old technology
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 12:25:18 -0400

if I might just interject into this discussion. i like the m6
because it does not have any "new technology" in the body (well,
it does actually, the light meter electronics use a fancy ribbon
cable strip thingy and an IC, but that aside).

REPLY:

Mark - I think you may have hit the Leica right on the head. The M appeals
to us precisely because it is trapped in the 50s, if not the 40s. It is
clean, simple, dependable, and is only as good as the skill of the
photographer. The lenses are as good as any available today, so the
"simplicity" of the camera is in no way limiting. But when all is said and
done, the Ms, even the M6 with its "fancy ribbon cable strip" are cameras,
not computers with lenses jammed on the front.

B. D.