Subject: [Leica] M6 myths
From: TonynyX44@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 09:24:04 EDT

Hi Ted,

You'll notice I didn't bother to repost the whole thing! :)

Didn't expect you to...but at least you were civil in your reply. ;-)

Thanks for the post that every real dedicated Leica user has heard or read
at sometime during their Leica lives.  Most of it is actually a crock and

Well SOME haven't heard it before -- judging by the responses here. As a NEW
Leica owner I obviously don't believe EVERYTHING he says or I wouldn't have
purchased an R8, BUT the guy makes SOME VALID points. What I was hoping for
was a point by point reply to what he says from members here. Apparently some
got their shorts in an uproar over this. ;-)

paying any attention to simply because it does not allow to challenge the
person being quoted. When statements are made and people quoted without the

Well since his email address is posted after his post, one could challenge him
via email and/or invite him here. I equate some Leica luggers with some
extreme members of the NRA -- say anything negative about their "baby" and the
walls come up. The "love it or leave it" attitude so to speak.

Tony