Subject: Re: [Leica] Titanium M6
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:59:07 EDT

For the few (any?) of you that care like I do about the aesthetic nuances of a
Leica system, I offer the following comments on the Titanium M6.

The finish is elegant and looks quite good.  It is a substantially darker
color than the silver chrome finish.  It is a matt finish - no shine.  The
finish is very well done - even and flawless.  It had a feeling of depth than
the silver chrome finish lacks.

Curiously, the little rewind release lever is silver chrome - not titanium
finish.  All of the other exposed metal parts have the titanium finish.

It does not look very good with silver chrome lenses but looks fine with black
lenses.  The leather is shinny.  The fake ostrich style of the leather is not
quite as ugly in person as in the photos.   It looks like it would be
slippery, but is not.  They use all black (instead of chrome) screws in the
lens mount.

Lastly, it looks much better with my black dot treatment ;)

Tom Shea