Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast B&W film
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:54:53 -0700

TMZ, better known as Kodak T-Max P3200. It's an ISO 800-1000 film, but
contrast seems to be optimized for exposing it at EI 3200. You can push the
spped further, if necessary, but you'll lose some shadow detail. Meter it
carefully (oddly for a B&W negative film, I get best results using an
incident meter), and stick to Kodak's recommended development times if you
don't have time to sort these out for yourself in advance. Develops nicely
in D-76, T-Max, or Xtol -- latter two are arguably the best.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.