Subject: [Leica] Epson printers
From: Yods1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:53:16 EDT

I can't say from experience if the new Epson printers can adequately capture
the mystique of the Leica experience (I hope to in the near future) but I can
say it captures the reasons for my dissatisfaction with the Canon kit my
newspaper recently issued me. I was examining a print from a shot taken with
the 17-35 2.8 (zoomed to about 28mm) that should have been sharp through and
through. The printer successfully showed why I'm probably gonna go Leica.
On that note, I've been working through Cal's Camera in S. Cal. to try out an
R8 and a few small lenses before I commit to switching. The local rep has
supposedly said "no problem" but hasn't come through for more than a month
now, despite reminders (through Cal's, who won't give me his number). My
questions are; A) anybody know of a more reliable rep around southern
California, and B) Is this a reflection of their committment to the working
professional?
Regards,
Dave Yoder