Subject: [Leica] vasoline
From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:19:59 -0400 (EDT)

bought my 50 summicron today.  I went to cambrige and they gave me one bullshit
story after another, only went there because i had time to kill on my way
uptown to B&H where I was very pleased with their service.  Anyways, I was
reading the book that came with the lens and it mentioned that the bayonette
should always be lubricated with a thin film of oil.  The suggest if this wears
off a small amount of vasoline should be applied to it.  Exactly what part are
they reffering to as I have a 90 collaps elmar that probably needs it.
BTW, after looking at the black and the chrome and then my wallet, I decided on
the chrome.

- --
Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
25-Jun-98 20:15:11