Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie shooting at wedding shower
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 14:34:20 EDT

<< I think I'll need to shoot mostly at shutter speeds of 1/125 or 1/250 to
 mostly freeze facial expressions / movement. ....I prefer to
have a large DOF (f11 or 16)  Who would recommend  Ilford's or Kodak's iso
3200 colour print film?

You want to shoot inside at 1/125 at f 11 under florescent lights.  Even with
3200 speed film this isn't going to happen.  It would be nice but the physical
laws of the universe will not allow it.  You are a few stops short - not even
considering that you need to use a filter that will provide color correction
for the lights.

If you want to compensate for the color with a filter this will cost you
another two stops (depending on which specific filter you choose).  You will
be very lucky if you are able to shoot at 1/60 at f2 with 3200 speed film and
the color correction filter.  Be prepared for some pretty grainy photos with
3200 speed film.

An alternative is to use black and white film, which will not require any
color correction filter.  I don't want to discourage you but I don't want to
be negatively surprised when you get can and cannot take the photos you would
like.

Tom Shea