Subject: RE: [Leica] G lens price Vs Leica M, was: Leica S1
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:44:08 -0400

Did your ever had a Contax G lens in your hand ?
I'm curious to know what price Kyocera will charge to
make a lens really similar to a Leica M lens.

Lucien

Yes, Lucien, I owned a G1 with a 45-28 and 90. The autofocus was slow and
useless in low light, which is why I got rid of the camera - and I hear the
G2 autofocus is much improved. However, the images were fabulous. And, yes,
the lens are lighter in weight, and I'm sure are not as well built. So
double the price of a 40 f 2. and it jumps to all of about $700.

The Leica is fabulous, the lenses are fabulous, but we are paying an
incredible premium for mystique and Red Dot. :)

B. D.