Subject: Re: [Leica] S1 Camera Specs?
From: "S. Khai Mong" <khai@iware.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:08:47 -0400

The reason is probably because the sensor element scans across the
focal plane, and it takes quite a bit of time to move the scan
sensor widget mechanically from one side of the image to the other.

Some of you might have heard about how for a demonstration they used
the  Voyager space probe's camera to take a picture of the
engineering team, which used a similar scan technique.  As the
camera started, the people   sat at the assigned places at a
leisurely place over a period of some minutes.  By the time the
exposure was done, half the people in the picture were no longer
sitting!

Frank Filippone wrote:

> On the S1 Camera, is the "shutter" time 1 minute or is the time it takes to
> transfer the image to the storage medium or computer 1 minute?
>
> It would seem to my logic that the shutter time is in the 100's of
> microseconds ( 1/1000 to 1/200 second) and the time it takes to transfer
> the file would be a second or so...
>
> Jeff or others, can you elaborate?
>
> Thank You
> Remove "ZZ" form auto reply address or
> please reply to address below:
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@worldnet.att.net

- --
S. Khai Mong   Imageware Inc., 323 N. First St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Email: khai@iware.com   http://www.iware.com/~khai   (313) 994-7301