Subject: Re: [Leica] Offtopic: Scanners and inkjet printers
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:38:18 +0200

Alan,

I think you are being a bit too harsh here. For many people, the only available options are 4x6 machine prints or inkjet prints. I will submit to you that I can make a better print on my Epson Stylus Photo 700 than the minilab can. I recognize
that I could make an even better print if I spent 3 hours on it in the darkroom, but my life is such that I simply do not have those 3 hours. I could also pay a professional lab to make custom prints for me, but I find it more satisfying to
make them myself, whether digital or not.

Even taking into account the image degradation introduced by scanning etc., I can still see the quality leap that the Leica gives me compared to my Pentax. And don't forget that prints are not always the ultimate goal. Most of the colour images
I shoot are never printed; they are slides and I enjoy them on the projector. I don't suppose you will tell me that one can't see the Leica difference in projected slides?

Nathan