Subject: RE: [Leica] Is the Leica an endangered species?
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:14:08 -0700

From what I can tell, the S1 is a dedicated high-res studio camera -- pretty
big and ungainly.  And someone on the list mentioned that you have to wait
60 seconds between frames???  Yikes!  The 6m pixel DCS460 takes 3-4 seconds
between frames to record the image to the PCMCIA card drive which, in
practical use, I found much too slow.  The new Canon EOSD2000 can shoot 12
frames at 3.5 fps before it has to write to disk -- not bad, but the D2000
is only a 2m pixel camera.

- --Jim