Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Goody Review (long)
From: Fstop008@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:22:47 EDT

I was very interested in your recent contribution to the Leica web Page,
because I am about to take the plunge into buying a Leica Rangefinder. I wear
glasses and want to utilize the 35mm lens as my main lens. Moreover, I've read
and spoken with a number of users who rave about the 35 f1.4. Have you seen
the 1.4 pictures next to the 2.0 and is there a significant difference,
practically. I don't care about resolution charts, I care about prints which I
can enlarge to 11x14 or larger with one lens versus the other.
    It sounds like the M6 .85 is a better investment if I'm going to use a
90mm lens with any degree of regularity, even though a glasses wearer using a
35 mm lens is somewhat cumbersome. Your reply would be appreciated. This is a
major investment and I'd like to  make the right choice.
According to Bob Shell, editor of Shutterbug, Leica is repsponding to Contax's
G cameras by coming out with an M6-type product that offers TTL flash metering
and optional aperture priority metering. Has anyone heard similar new.