Subject: Re: [Leica] Lead boxes for X-rays
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:57:14 -0800

>"You sound surprised."
>"Well, most things, like those foil bags with lead in them?  You can see
>right through them.  But not these things," she said, opening one of the
>boxes.

She was correct. I was standing behind one of the X-Ray inspectors as my
bag came through: I could see every roll of film in my supposedly X-Ray
safe lead foil bag. If you can see it on the screen then the X-Rays are
passing through. An effective protector would show no details of what's
inside (as yours did).

- -Charlie