Subject: Re: [Leica] Oddmund
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:16:23 -0400

Robert Beaudoin wrote:

> Bonjour a tous,
>
>   Can one of the older (he he he) lugger please explain to us newbies who
> this Mr. Oddmund is, what is he famous for on the lug?

Oh, boy. Oddmund lives in France. He was/is brilliant, literate, highly
politicized (i.e. think REALLY left) and sensitive. This clearly is an
insufficient description, but suffice to say that, in his day, he
generated more heat than Danny and Francesco combined.

I enjoyed most of his posts. Ted usually ended tussles with him by
suggesting they drink lots of good local (i.e. French) wine together,
which reputedly could solve most of their disagreements. The LUG
nowadays has abandoned good French wines in favor of single malts,
however.

Cheers,

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland