Subject: [Leica] Standards....... Might be better to forget it......
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:23:02 -0500

After reading digest 135 and discovering where my suggestion for setting
standards for a www lug page fell amongst the most recent
postings......... (big disadvantage of the digest mode)   I've come to
the conclusion that I personally do not want to page through the postings
of personal attacks towards Lug members that would apparently come with
such a discussion.  I would have probably withheld the suggestion had I
read the prior messages.

A www page for the Lug could be a great way for luggers to share images
rather than criticism.  On the other hand, it could be the next source of
personal criticism attacking the value of the photographs posted and the
competence of the photographer.

I would only be involved with the project if the content was such (in
practical terms) that I  would be comfortable showing the page and it's
links to my 3 year old, my wife and my in-laws and my home church
pastor..........  (Theologically speaking, God,  whether you believe in
him or not, already knows what we are thinking, doing and looking at.  So
in reality, I am more concerned about pleasing him than being embarrassed
by showing the page to my father-in-law)

If you don't care about what God thinks, then you can do anything you
want within the realm of the law.  The Bible, whether you believe in it
or not, does teach that there are future consequences for our present
actions though, and it clearly teaches that there is a heaven and there
is a hell....  Don't just take my word for it,  for starters, read Romans
3:23 and 24 and Revelation 20:11-15.  the solution is easy and is found
in John 3:16 and a zillion other verses throughout the New Testament.

I've already WAY overstepped my bounds as this is a group about Leica,
not spiritual or unspiritual matters, I did not intend any of the above
for any one specific person.  But, I feel God has led me to share this
with you all.  It's your decision to make.

Please Please PLEASE do not respond to this in any way shape or form on
the LUG,  I will accept any criticism or comments via private email.
Please remember though, this is God's message as found in the Bible, I'm
just a humble messenger.

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador