Subject: [Leica] Delete this message
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:09:28 -0500

At 05:24 AM 6/19/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Copyright is close to home, I agree. I do, however, refuse to take the
interests of
>Playboy, as they pertain to copyrights, at all seriously - public record
be damned.
>Glamour and/or soft porn is a fact of photographic life. Either we all
learn to accept our
>complete diversity or we lie about what exactly a Leica user can be.

This point can't be emphasized too much. But I don't denigrate the public
record. Rather, I recognize that in "media" cases, they are often
overturned on appeal because the first court, and more likely juries, often
get it wrong.  We don't know the final disposition of this, and to point
fingers at a person and claim they are violating copyright, when that
person at least has a reasonable explanation for why he isn't guilty is
unfair, and jumping the gun, of one asks me. (Nobody is, I might add).

We are a diverse group, and we need to be more careful about attacking
anybody, and try to understand the essence, or spirit of what they are
talking about, and not be so quick to jump the gun. (Me included).

Let's get back to our friendly talking about all things Leica.

- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.