Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG web space project
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 06:57:05 -0500

At 01:16 PM 18-06-98 +0200, you wrote:
>At 04:30 18.06.1998 -0500, Dan C wrote:
>
>>Well, access to the Internet is essentially free, and if someone wants to
>>set up a page devoted to LUG photography, and if others agree to send
>>images for display there, he or she can do it, and it doesn't really matter
>>if someone else accepts it or not.
>

>Sorry, that the point didn't become more clear. We were speaking about a
>LUG domain on the 5senses server. And, that I don't feel it specially
>skillful or sensible to find the suggested LUG image area betwen porn sites.
>
>Alf

I realize what you are saying, but nothing is stopping Francesco from
registering some domain name on his server, and inviting LUGers to submit
photographs to it.  I understand that you will not participate (you are
perfectly in your right not to), but others may.

One other point.  You refer to finding the suggested LUG image "between
porn sites".  I'm not sure what you mean here.  Let us say thay we find
someone elses ISP (perhaps your's) to host the page.  I have no idea who
else is sharing space on that server.  The most disgusting and depraved
images may be just a few cylinder heads (or whatever hard disks are
subdivided into these days) away from our images.  The typical ISP has
thousands of customers.  He isn't going to tell you who they are.  And
judging from the sheer number of porn sites out there, I am sure that the
vast majority of web servers in the world are going to have porn on them.

Dan C.