Subject: [Leica] Opticlean
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:39:38 +0100

I noticed a few people asking about this recently.
I've been using it on a variety of lenses for about
two years now.  When it first came out I was a bit
sceptical about painting what looked like nail varnish
on my lenses, and obviously so were a lot of other
people!  Most of the UK photo mags tested it early
on, and reported that it did indeed live up to its
claims.  Since then I've used it on various lenses
including my Leica's (as well as Zeiss, Canon,
Mamiya etc), and have had very few problems
with it.  On some occasions if it flows too near the
edge of the lens element it can stick to the body of
the lens and be difficult to get off, but this isn't usually
a problem if I'm careful.  Sometimes it can be
reluctant to come off, but a little care and perseverance
is all that is required, and in my opinion the trouble
is worthwhile as it cleans superbly.

Simon.