Subject: [Leica] Leitz hole puncher
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:55:21 +0100

A bit off topic, but no-one on rec.office-equipment.collectables knows the
answer -  I have an old paper hole punch of the two hole ring binder variety
that I got in a junk market years ago. It's rather beautiful, black and
heavy with a great big single lever, a nice wooden base and a shiny paper
guide. On the front and on the paper guide holder it says LEITZ in a
bambooish script. The model number is Leitz 180, the serial number (I kid
you not) is 9116999 stamped in red ink on the bottom.

It also punches a superior hole - excellent edge resolution, very low
distortion with a smooth all-mechanical action.

The paper discs that are punched out fall into the base where they are
stored behind a clear plastic (?) panel that says 'Made in Germany' on it.

Does anyone know if the manufacurer of the Leitz amazing hole punch is
somehow connected to another well known manufacturer of useful gadgets?

Alex Brattell