Subject: Re: [Leica] M6HM
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:07:03 -0500

At 09:34 PM 16-06-98 +0200, you wrote:
>Oh,oh ! Have I done a blooper in ordering an M6HM, when I'm mainly going to
>use a 50mm Summicron and a 35mm Summicron ASPH ? I get the impression the
>HM isn't so hot when using a 35mm due to the fact that the bright line
>frame has to be "searched for" in the view finder.
>
>This is making me very nervous indeed as this ain't cheap goods we are
>talking about here.
>
>Opinions to the rescue please !
>
>Eric :-(

OK, since you asked.  I have two M6s, the regular version, and the HM
version.  I find now that I use the newer one 100% of the time, and that
includes the times I use my 35mm lenses.  I have no problem with the 35mm
framelines, but I realize that this is a very personal thing.  You really
should get your hands on one and see for yourself.

In my opinion, the slight disadvantage of the 35mm framelines is more than
made up by the improved 50mm frame.  And if you ever use a 90mm, the HM
wins, no contest!

Dan C.