Subject: Re: [Leica] trip from the US
From: "Patrick R. McKee" <info@photonewsnetwork.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:15:59 -0400

Hello Francois,
I have been using my soft release on my R-8 more that on the M-6. I find
that the control is greater because the surface area  is greater. Rather
than accidentally having the motor drive snap off more than one picture the
soft release gives greater finger control. I find that with the M-6 I can
use slower shutter speeds and make steadier and firmer shutter release.
Hope that this helps, Tom will surely have them available ASAP.
Pat McKee
prm@photonewsnetwork.com
Minox007@aol.com
1-732-288-0009

- ----------
> From: Francois Brunelle <fbrunell@bonzai.net>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] trip from the US
> Date: Monday, June 15, 1998 10:30 PM
>
> Ferdinand,
> I have not seen the soft release from Tom.  What makes it different from
the
> ones you can buy on the market?
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> PS:  Welcome back!
>
> Francois Brunelle
> Ashburn VA
>
> fld wrote:
>
> > hello luggers,
> >
> > Its nice to be back on the list after a 2 weeks off.
> >
> > I just got back last Saturday from my vacation in the US. I bought
along my
> > 2 M6's, 35-50-90 summicrons, EOS1n with 28-70/2.8L. I went to the ff.
> > places: Minneapolis, New York, Atlantic City, New Jersey, Yosemite,
Carmel,
> > Napa and SFO city.
> >
> > And guess what: I used the M6 100% of the time while my mom & sister
ended
> > up using the eos1n. I feel, the widely most used lens is the 35/2.0
(85%),
> > then the 50/2.0 (10%) and last the 90/2.0 (5%) . A 21/2.8 would be nice
> > also to have esp. for tight shots!!
> >
> > On my last peg of the trip, I met with Jeff Alford and Jim Brick at the
K&S
> > store in Palo-Alto. Jeff showed me the TT Abrahamson Rapidwinder and
for
> > some reason after playing with it for sometime, I decided to bite the
> > bullet so I got one. I highly recommend this accessory to M6 users.
Without
> > it on my M6 it feels awkward to use. So my warning: if you are not
prepared
> > to spend $400+++ bucks for it, please don't try it on--you'll end up a
> > victim... But heck, its worth it.
> >
> > Jim also handed me over the prototype TT abrahamson soft release. Well,
> > liked it alot, felt nice using it and i couldn't do without one
attached to
> > my M6. I highly recommend this piece of accessory as well!!
> >
> > One last piece of recommendation: I bought myself an HP Photosmart
Scanner.