Subject: Re: [Leica] birthing - on call!
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:45:15 +0100

Paul wrote:

>The most moving opener I ever saw to a baby album was a b&w taken by
>the father.  It showed his son, upside down, heels gripped in the
>doctor's hand, umbilicus still attached.  Just the baby and the hand
>full frame, with the umbilicus trailing away out of view.  Nothing
>really gross, just the essence of the moment.
>
>I doubt the boy will appreciate it much till he's in his 30's or
>40's, but what a memento to have of one's entrance into this world!

Hi Paul,

And that kind of photo is what birthing is all about!!!!!:)

I've seen some pretty gross stuff shot by the father or friends,  of the
baby trying to escape the inner confines and they are so repulsive it's
enough to make you sick. Not that the action of birthing is sickening, it's
just not my cup of tea at shooting "crotch images!"

Never has been, even though I've been in the OR for some quite incredible
operation scenes, I feel birthing is such an emotional moment whether
stranger or my daughter or daughters in law giving birth. I get all choked
up and teary eyed.

An up date on the mom again to be...... She is chugging along wih nothing
more than a squim or two and she is quite uncomfortable, but holding her
own...

I keep telling her to do whatever it takes to have the birthing happen
around noon or early afternoon, as I don't take kindly being called at 2
a.m. for a mad dash to the hospital! :)

ted