Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photos on the Web
From: "dannyg1@idt.net" <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:23:48 +0000

Chandos,

> What would you say to the possibility that the placement of the viewfinder
> on the RF body exposes more of the photographer's face to the subject,
> which helps to establish a more direct rapport in the gaze? -snip-When I use
> the Canon, much of my face
> is obscure; the lenses tend to be larger and more intimidating
> -snip- I describe hand-held portraiture alone.

There's no question that a smaller camera is less intimidating and so, doesn't lend as
much the impression of power to the photographer. There is a large difference between
RF and SLR practice, no doubt. My post was speaking to the 'tunnelvision' effect Alan
was describing, which is (almost) unique to SLR's.

Danny Gonzalez