Subject: [Leica] Noctilux
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:04:22 -0300

Hi:

A used Noctilux just arrived at my door this morning.  Although it was
advertised as used, it looks brand new.  The serial number is 31141XX which
puts it in the 1981 production year.  This lens does not look that old.
Did leica take a batch of serial numbers and assign them to the Canadian
production?

I know this is not the current version, as it takes a bayonet on lens hood.
 Is it really seventeen years old?  Do any of the other LUG members have a
lens near this serial number, and when was it purchased.

It also came with a nice B&W  60mm UV filter, which I have taken off.
Somebody had commented earlier on how recessed the front element on this
lens is and they are right.  It would take something pretty pointed to hit
that element.

Regards,

Robert Stevens