Subject: [Leica] our family of man
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 98 18:41:47 -0700

> It seems to me that the potential of the LUG is that we can exploit the
> resource that the web offers in an unprecedented way.  We all admire
> the - -Family of Man-, for instance.  We could make it happen in a
> different way here, to capture and present, as it were, our own, unique
>worlds, the
> particular valence of our perspectives, share and comment upon them.
> Instead--and here I shall piss you all off again--we sputter and
> moan over red dots, serial numbers, the virtues of the Noctilux, and whether
> the RS series is the summa of "leica vindcated".  In the end, I suppose,
> the whole point of this is what do we *see*: collectively, individually .
>. . No
> amount of talking about the resolution of an aspherical lens equals
> the simple presentation of a compelling image captured with one . . .
>
> yrs in the pursuit of light

Chandos,

Zip -------- right over my head ;-) What do you want us to do? As for you
"complaints, the LUG is a family. There are snapshots of life, expressions
of passion, differences of opinion. If thine red dot offend thee, spill it
out. There are like minded members of the family who will comfort thee, and
those who will see your complaints as a minnow in the pacific. Our images
are posted and comments are called for. I should love comments on all my
postings, be they "better stick to your instamatic 50" or other. Spirited
discussion may lie on all planes, there will be days where the banter is
idle, but even in this the group becomes so much larger for rising above
and beyond. As for equipment, you may be happy to use one lens, others of
us have a fascination with the signature and style of a lens, and the only
way to learn and appreciate is to listen.

Alastair Firkin,