Subject: Re: [Leica] Mortar Fire Control
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 12:51:34 +0200

On 14-06-1998 04:29 LEICAMAN56@aol.com wrote:

>E. Leitz, Wetzlar made gunsights for Panther and Tiger tanks during WWII.
>They also designed and produced the first active infra red night fighting
>devices for the Panther tank.

This is maybe part of the explanation while the Panther (Mark V) and
Tiger (Mark VI) where arguably the world war II's best tanks that easily
outclassed all the Allies could throw at them. The Russians even "copied"
the Panther design and made an T34 out of it (nothing new here :-) ).
Luggers, are we being burdened by history! :-)

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch