Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:38:40 -0300

At 11 Jun 1998 23:17:07 -0700, "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
wrote:

> If one has two
> exposures that show differences in lens quality, then one can show that
> on the Web by showing small portions of the scan on a Web page.

Exactly.  I'm not quite sure what's up with Mr. Shea -- he made a similar
statement some days ago, I questioned his reasoning, then he ignored the
previous discussion and just restated his original opinion again, but in more
sweeping terms.  He seems to keep fixating on monitors, which aren't really
the issue -- it's the scan quality which determines whether subtle differences
will be discernible.

Monitor resolution only comes into play when one wishes to *enjoy*, rather
than dissect, a complete image.

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>