Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens hood and 35mm finder
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:05:42 -0400

>What kind of lens hood should I fit on a 50mm/f2.8 collapsible Elmar
>from 1963?  Where might I find one for sale?  What should I expect
>to pay?

I _think_ the hood for the current 50/2.8 should work OK. It is about $45 new.

>Are there any cheaper alternatives to the chrome 35mm Leitz finders?
>I'd rather not pay $300 for a finder.  I'm not collecting, I'm using
>this to take pictures (on an M3)

At swap meets there are lots of 35mm finders from other camera co. In
particular 35s from Canon and similars. These are less than $100 (sometimes
a lot less) but they are no where near as nice as the Leica version.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>