Subject: [Leica] R8 shutter problem
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 17:48:33 EDT

<<I am having a problem with my brand new R8.  On my first roll I tried out
the

aperture priority mode and shot the whole roll with that, using a 50MM lens.

Five of the 36 images were way overexposed, so much so that the contact sheet

showed no image at all.  Looking at the negatives with a loupe, I can faintly

see something, but the overexposure is so great that the frame is useless.

All the rest of the frames seem correctly exposed.

- --never pay attention to the first roll of film you shoot in any camera.
don't care what camera you use, who you are, what your training is -- the
first roll of film in any camera is going to look lousy. Read the instruction
book again, shoot another roll, let us know what happens.
ctrentelman
ogden utah