Subject: Re: [Leica] The Polarizer Problem
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:19:14 EDT

A Lugger wrote:

<< What to do about polarizers on M6s?  >>

I have a Heliopan circular polarizer size E39 that I use on my M6 w/
35mmf2.0asph. and 50f2.0.  I understand that once mounted on the lens, it
gives 80% polarization.  There are a series of numbers on the rotating element
(1 through 10).  Setting the "10" in line with the sun gives maximum
polarization (so I'm told).  If I'm doing critical work, I find it no trouble
to look through the filter, set for max polar, note where the numbers are, re-
mount the filter on the camera, rotate for the setting and poof, done.
Results seem to be what I would expect from a well-made polarizer.

By the way, the literature that came with the filter states that "Heliopan
filters are made exclusively from raw glass supplied by Schott (Zeiss), the
world's leading optical glass manufacturer."

Arturo