Subject: Re: [Leica] NASA Leica MDa & SL
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 08:47:42 EDT

The Ranger misions to the moon took place in the early 1960's and were
unmanned satellites that approached and eventually crashed into the moon, all
the time sending back video images until their destruction.  I saw a Ranger
spacecraft and, if I remeber correctly, it had Schneider optics.  The later
unmanned spacecraft that landed on the moon and took pictures etc., were the
Surveyor spacecraft.  I don't know what optics they used.

Mike Swiek