Subject: Re: [Leica] 75mm on an M3 (was: Film loading on M3)
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:27:53 +0200

Carl Socolow wrote:

>As for use with the 75 I don't know
> what to say since there are no corresponding frame lines. Do they make
> an auxiliary finder for that focal length?

It occured to me the other night that 75mm is to 50mm what 135mm is to
90mm.  So, in style with Tom A's 21mm finder for the SA 3.4, wouldn't
it be possible to modify the goggles off a 135/f2.8 to the new 75/f1.4
and be able to use it with an M3 (with the 50mm frameline)?

By the same token, ripping the goggles of a 35mm-RF and putting them
on a 24mm ASPH (modified to bring up the 35mm frameline) should also
allow use of the 35mm frame as a guide to the 24mm's angle-of-view.
Always assuming that my math isn't off somewhere... ;-)

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just DOHH it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho