Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #108
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 22:57:12 EDT

Tony,

Stan is a reputable dealer who will make good on whatever the problem is.
This sounds stupid, but did you try new batteries?  Also, try cleaning the
contacts on the batteries and the camera.  Sometimes a fine film builds up on
batteries making a poor contact and intermittent electrical problems.  I've
also found dead batteries with my R8 after putting the camera away without
putting the mode switch to off.  Or maybe the switch got bumped putting the
camera in the bag as it is easy to move inadvertantly.
Leica seems to have switched to the blue display, but when I first saw it a
the PMA show, no one at Leica seemed to know about the transition.

Bill Rosauer