Subject: [Leica] HERESY!! Noctilux for sale
From: David Rosen <DavidSRosen@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 14:21:40 -0400

Luggers:

I realize this borders on heresy after all of the recent Noctilux praise,=

but after using for 1.5 years, I'm getting ready to sell MY 50mm f/1.0
Noctilux.  I simply do not shoot at f/1.0 often enough to justify the pri=
ce
and weight of this lens.  I will replace it with a 50mm 'cron.

With due respect to those of you who may know more about this than me... =
 =

There have been four versions of this lens, though only two optical
formulas.  The first version was a f/1.2 Noct.  The latter three verisons=
- --
all with the same optics-- have been f/1.0 Nocts.  The newer lenses are
said to be quite superior to the first.   Of versions 2-4, version 2 was =
58mm filter thread and verison three was a 60mm filter thread, both with
seperate hoods.  The latest version has a shallow built-in hood.  Mine is=

the third version with the 60mm thread and a snap on hood.  Serial #
3153xxx.

Glass on the lens is perfect.  No cleaning marks, scratches, chips, or
imperfections of any kind.  No fogging, seperation, or interior schmutz. =

Truly mint glass.  Because this lens has been used, the barrel shows
obvious wear.  This is NOT a collectors lens, it is for someone who wants=

to shoot with it.  Mechanically, it is fully functional. Aperture is silk=
with definitive clicks.  Mount is solid.  The lens was recently examined
(but not serviced) by US Leica.  Leica UV filter, proper hood, and Leica
caps all included.  No box or papers.

If anyone is interested, please e-me privately and we'll work something
out.  Also, would be delighted to take a late-model 50mm summicron in
partial trade.  Though I am mostly a lurker here, you can buy with
confidence.  I am an LHSA member, active on the Cserve forum, and can
provide names of unimpeachable LUGgers who would be happy to vouch.  =

Best,
DSR
davidsrosen@compuserve.com